If you are registering for the first time, you should plan on showing identification the first time you vote. You may provide (1) a current and valid photo identification or (2) a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or government document that shows your name and address.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Delaware, Delaware Division of Public Health, Coronavirus Response
Delaware voter registration deadlines
- In Person: The fourth Saturday before Election Day.
- By Mail: Postmarked by the fourth Saturday before Election Day.
- Online: The fourth Saturday before Election Day.
Election Day Registration:
Delaware voter registration rules
To register in Delaware you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be a permanent resident of Delaware;
- Be at least 18 years old on the date of the next general election;
- Not be mentally incompetent;
- If you are a felon, you are eligible to vote as long as you have served your sentence (including parole) and your convictions were not for disqualifying felonies: murder and manslaughter (except vehicular homicide), sexual offenses, or crimes against public administration involving bribery or improper influence or abuse of office.
Delaware voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.