If you are registering for the first time, you should plan on showing "proof of identification" the first time you vote. Proof of identification includes: (1) an ID with your name and photo: United States passport; debit or credit card; military identification; student identification; retirement center identification; neighborhood association identification; public assistance identification; veteran health identification card issued by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs; a Florida license to carry a concealed weapon or firearm; or an employee identification card issued by any branch, department, agency, or entity of the Federal Government, the state, a county, or a municipality; or (2) an ID that shows your name and current residence address: current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or government document (excluding voter information card).
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Florida, Florida Department of Health
Florida voter registration deadlines
- In Person: 29 days before Election Day.
- By Mail: Received or postmarked 29 days before Election Day.
- Online: 29 days before Election Day.
Election Day Registration:
Florida voter registration rules
To register in Florida you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be a legal resident of both the State of Florida and of the county in which you seek to be registered;
- Be 18 years old (you may pre‑register if you are at least 16);
- Not be adjudicated mentally incapacitated with respect to voting in Florida or any other State, or if you have, you must first have your voting rights restored;
- Not be a convicted felon, or if you are, you must first have your civil rights restored if they were taken away;
- Swear or affirm the following: “I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will protect and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of Florida, that I am qualified to register as an elector under the Constitution and laws of the State of Florida, and that all information provided in this application is true.”
Florida voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.