If you are registering for the first time, you should plan on showing "proof of identification" the first time you vote. Proof of identification includes:
- Identification issued by the state of Missouri, an agency of the state, or a local election authority of the state;
- Identification issued by the United States government;
- Identification issued by an institution of higher education located within the state of Missouri; or
- A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, government check or other government document that contains the name and address of the voter.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Missouri, Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
Missouri voter registration deadlines
- In Person: Received by the fourth Wednesday prior to Election Day.
- By Mail: Postmarked by the fourth Wednesday prior to Election Day.
- Online: Received by the fourth Wednesday before Election Day.
Election Day Registration:
Missouri voter registration rules
To vote in Missouri you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be a resident of Missouri;
- Be at least 17‑1/2 years of age (you must be 18 to vote);
- Not be on probation or parole after conviction of a felony, until finally discharged from such probation or parole;
- Not be convicted of a felony or misdemeanor connected with a voting or election offense (unless fully pardoned);
- Not be adjudged incapacitated by any court of law;
- Not be confined under a sentence of imprisonment.
Missouri voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.