If you are registering for the first time, you should plan on showing "proof of identification" the first time you vote. Proof of identification includes:
- Identification issued by the state of Missouri, an agency of the state, or a local election authority of the state;
- Identification issued by the United States government;
- Identification issued by an institution of higher education located within the state of Missouri; or
- A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, government check or other government document that contains the name and address of the voter.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Missouri, Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
Missouri voter registration deadlines
- In Person: Received by the fourth Wednesday prior to Election Day.
- By Mail: Postmarked by the fourth Wednesday prior to Election Day.
- Online: Received by the fourth Wednesday before Election Day.
Election Day Registration:
Missouri voter registration rules
To vote in Missouri you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be a resident of Missouri;
- Be at least 17‑1/2 years of age (you must be 18 to vote);
- Not be on probation or parole after conviction of a felony, until finally discharged from such probation or parole;
- Not be convicted of a felony or misdemeanor connected with a voting or election offense (unless fully pardoned);
- Not be adjudged incapacitated by any court of law;
- Not be confined under a sentence of imprisonment.
Missouri voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.
- State Election Website
- Local Election Office: This is the government office responsible for running elections in your region. These are the best people to contact if you have any questions at all about voting in your state.
- Find your polling place
- Learn more about absentee voting
- Learn more about voter ID
- State Election Code