If you are registering for the first time, you should plan on showing "proof of identification" the first time you vote. Proof of identification includes: (1) A current and valid photo identification or (2) A current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or government document that shows your name and address.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Nebraska, Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services
Nebraska voter registration deadlines
- In Person: Received 11 days before Election Day.
- By Mail: Postmarked 18 days before Election Day; or, if the postmark is not readable, received 14 days before Election Day.
- Online: Received 18 days before Election Day.
Election Day Registration:
Nebraska voter registration rules
To register in Nebraska you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be a resident of Nebraska;
- Be at least 18 years of age or will be 18 years of age on or before the first Tuesday after the first Monday of November;
- Not have been convicted of a felony, or if convicted, two years have passed since the sentence was completed (including any probation or parole);
- Not have been officially found to be mentally incompetent; and
- Not have been convicted of treason, unless you have had your civil rights stored.
Nebraska voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.