If you are registering for the first time, you should plan on showing "proof of identification" the first time you vote. Proof of identification includes: (1) A current and valid photo identification or (2) A current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or government document that shows your name and address.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Nevada, Nevada Governor's Office & Nevada Department of Health and Human Services
Nevada voter registration deadlines
- In Person: 28 days before Election Day (or same-day registration during early voting or on Election Day).
- By Mail: Postmarked 28 days before Election Day. If you miss this deadline, you may be eligible to register during early vote or on Election Day.
- Online: 5 days before Election Day. If you miss this deadline, you may be eligible to register during early vote or on Election Day.
Election Day Registration:
You may register to vote in-person at the polling place either during early voting or on Election Day. You must show a valid Nevada driver’s license or identification card at the polls to vote. If the identification does not have your current address, you must also show proof of residency.
Nevada voter registration rules
To register in Nevada you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Have attained the age of 18 years on the date of the next election;
- Have continuously resided in the State of Nevada, in your county, at least 30 days and in your precinct at least 10 days before the next election;
- Not currently be serving a term of imprisonment for a felony conviction;
- Not be determined by a court of law to be mentally incompetent;
- Claim no other place as your legal residence.
Nevada voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.