Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Ohio, Ohio Department of Health
Ohio voter registration deadlines
- In Person: 30 days before Election Day, extended to the next business day if this falls on a Sunday or holiday.
- By Mail: Postmarked 30 days before Election Day, extended to the next business day if this falls on a Sunday or holiday.
- Online: 30 days before Election Day, but extended to next business day if a Sunday or holiday.
Election Day Registration:
Ohio voter registration rules
In order to register to vote in Ohio, you must meet these requirements:
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be at least 18 years old on or before the next general election;
- Be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days immediately before the election in which you want to vote;
- Not be currently incarcerated (in jail or prison) for a felony conviction;
- Not have been declared incompetent for voting purposes by a probate court;
- Not have been permanently denied the right to vote for violations of election laws.
Ohio voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.