If you are registering for the first time, you should plan on showing "proof of identification" the first time you vote. Review the complete list acceptable forms of proof of identification for first time voters before heading to the polls.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania Department of Health
Pennsylvania voter registration deadlines
- In Person: Received 15 days before Election Day.
- By Mail: Received 15 days before Election Day.
- Online: Received 15 days before Election Day.
Election Day Registration:
Pennsylvania voter registration rules
To register in Pennsylvania you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States at least one month before Election Day;
- Be a resident of Pennsylvania and your election district at least 30 days before Election Day;
- Be at least 18 years of age on the day of Election Day;
- Not have been in prison within the last five years for a felony conviction.
Pennsylvania voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.
- State Election Website
- Local Election Office: This is the government office responsible for running elections in your region. These are the best people to contact if you have any questions at all about voting in your state.
- Find your polling place
- Absentee ballot tracker tool
- Learn more about absentee voting
- Learn more about early voting
- Learn more about voter ID
- State Election Code