You should plan on showing photo ID when you vote. See the section on Voter ID Requirements for a complete list of acceptable forms of ID to bring with you to the polls.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Texas, Texas Department of State Health Services
Texas voter registration deadlines
- In Person: Received 30 days before Election Day. If that day is a weekend or national holiday, then must be received by the next business day.
- By Mail: Postmarked by 30 days before Election Day. If that day is a weekend or national holiday, then must be postmarked by the next business day.
- Online: N/A
Election Day Registration:
Texas voter registration rules
To register in Texas you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be a resident of the county in which the application for registration is made;
- Be at least 17 years and 10 months old (you must be 18 to vote);
- Not previously convicted of a felony, or if convicted, you must be fully discharged from your punishment, including any incarceration, parole, supervision, period of probation, or be pardoned;
- Have not been declared mentally incompetent by final judgment of a court of law.
Texas voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.