- The Democratic Party-run Presidential Primary scheduled for April 4 will be conducted solely via mail-in ballots according to the Alaska Democratic Party, March 23, 2020
- Absentee ballots must be received by Friday, April 10 but should be mailed as early as possible
- A downloadable ballot that voters can print and mail is available
- COVID-19: Situation overview, Alaska Department of Health and Human Services
Alaska absentee ballot deadlines
- In Person: Received 10 days before Election Day.
- By Mail: Received 10 days before Election Day.
- Online: Received 10 days before Election Day.
- Voted ballots are due: Postmarked by Election Day and received 10 days after Election Day.
Alaska absentee ballot rules
Any registered Alaska voter may apply for an absentee ballot and vote by mail.
Alaska absentee ballot directions
- Use our Absentee Ballot Tool to prepare your application.
- Sign and date the form. This is very important!
- Return your completed application to your Local Election Office as soon as possible. We'll provide the mailing address for you.
- All Local Election Offices will accept mailed or hand-delivered forms. If it's close to the deadline, call and see if your Local Election Office will let you fax or email the application.
- Make sure your application is received by the deadline. Your application must actually arrive by this time -- simply being postmarked by the deadline is insufficient.
- Please contact your Local Election Office if you have any further questions about the exact process.
Tracking your ballotYou can track your ballot directly with your state.
Once you receive your ballot...
- Once you receive the ballot, carefully read and follow the instructions.
- Sign and date where indicated.
- Return your voted ballot back to the address indicated on the return envelope.
- Your voted ballot must be received by the close of polls on Election Day or it will not be counted. Ballots that are postmarked but not received by Election Day will not be considered on time.
- Please contact your Local Election Office if you have any questions.