To register to vote in Alabama you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be a resident of Alabama and your county at the time of registration;
- Be 18 years old on or before the date of the election;
- Not have been barred from voting because of a disqualifying felony conviction;
- Not currently be declared mentally incompetent through a competency hearing;
- Swear or affirm to "support and defend the Constitution of the US and the State of Alabama and further disavow any belief or affiliation with any group which advocates the overthrow of the governments of the US or the State of Alabama by unlawful means and that the information contained herein is true, so help me God."