Last updated on March 9, 2020
You need to include a copy of your ID with this form. Check our Voter ID Laws page for a list of acceptable forms of ID
Arkansas absentee ballot deadlines
- In Person: 1 day before Election Day
- By Mail: 7 days before Election Day
- Online: 7 days before Election Day
- Voted ballots are due: Election Day.
Arkansas absentee ballot rulesYou may vote by absentee ballot in Arkansas if:
- you will be unavoidably absent from your polling site on Election Day
- you will be unable to attend your polling site on Election Day due to illness or physical disability
- you are a member of the U.S. armed forces, merchant marines or the spouse or a dependent family member
- you are a U.S. citizen whose permanent residence is in Arkansas but who is temporarily living outside the United States
Arkansas absentee ballot directions
- Use our Absentee Ballot Tool to prepare your application.
- Sign and date the form. This is very important!
- Return your completed application to your Local Election Office as soon as possible. We'll provide the mailing address for you.
- All Local Election Offices will accept mailed or hand-delivered forms. If it's close to the deadline, call and see if your Local Election Office will let you fax or email the application.
- Make sure your application is received by the deadline. Your application must actually arrive by this time -- simply being postmarked by the deadline is insufficient.
- Please contact your Local Election Office if you have any further questions about the exact process.
Once you receive your ballot...
- Once you receive the ballot, carefully read and follow the instructions.
- Provide a copy of an acceptable form of ID with your voted ballot. (You must provide a copy of one of the forms of ID listed when you mail back your voted absentee ballot.)
- Sign and date where indicated.
- Mail your voted ballot back to the address indicated on the return envelope.
- Your voted ballot must arrive by the deadline or it will not be counted.