Arkansas absentee ballot deadlines
- In Person: 1 day before Election Day
- By Mail: 7 days before Election Day
- Online: 7 days before Election Day
- Voted ballots are due: Election Day.
Arkansas absentee ballot rulesYou may vote by absentee ballot in Arkansas if:
- you will be unavoidably absent from your polling site on Election Day
- you will be unable to attend your polling site on Election Day due to illness or physical disability
- you are a member of the U.S. armed forces, merchant marines or the spouse or a dependent family member
- you are a U.S. citizen whose permanent residence is in Arkansas but who is temporarily living outside the United States
Arkansas absentee ballot directions
- Use our Absentee Ballot Tool to prepare your application.
- Sign and date the form. This is very important!
- Return your completed application to your Local Election Office as soon as possible. We'll provide the mailing address for you.
- All Local Election Offices will accept mailed or hand-delivered forms. If it's close to the deadline, call and see if your Local Election Office will let you fax or email the application.
- Make sure your application is received by the deadline. Your application must actually arrive by this time -- simply being postmarked by the deadline is insufficient.
- Please contact your Local Election Office if you have any further questions about the exact process.
Tracking your ballotYou can track your ballot directly with your state.
Once you receive your ballot...
- Once you receive the ballot, carefully read and follow the instructions.
- Provide a copy of an acceptable form of ID with your voted ballot. (You must provide a copy of one of the forms of ID listed when you mail back your voted absentee ballot.)
- Sign and date where indicated.
- Mail your voted ballot back to the address indicated on the return envelope.
- Your voted ballot must arrive by the deadline or it will not be counted.