Last updated on September 2, 2016
Idaho absentee ballot deadlines
- Absentee ballot application deadlines: Received by 5pm on the 6th day prior to Election Day
- Voted ballots are due: Received by 5pm the Friday before Election Day (in person). Received by 8pm on Election Day (by mail).
Idaho absentee ballot rules
Any registered Idaho voter may apply for an absentee ballot and vote by mail.
Idaho absentee ballot directions
- Use our Absentee Ballot Tool to prepare your application.
- Sign and date the form. This is very important!
- Return your completed application to your Local Election Office as soon as possible. We’ll provide the mailing address for you.
- All Local Election Offices will accept mailed or hand-delivered forms. If it’s close to the deadline, call and see if your Local Election Office will let you fax or email the application.
- Make sure your application is received by the deadline. Your application must actually arrive by this time — simply being postmarked by the deadline is insufficient.
- Please contact your Local Election Office if you have any further questions about the exact process.
Once you receive your ballot...
- Once you receive the ballot, carefully read and follow the instructions.
- Sign and date where indicated.
- Mail your voted ballot back to the address indicated on the return envelope. Your voted ballot must arrive by the deadline or it will not be counted.
- Use the online absentee ballot tracker to check the status of your absentee ballot.
Helpful voting links