Last updated on March 14, 2016
Nebraska absentee ballot deadlines
- Absentee ballot application deadlines: Received by 4:00 p.m. on the Wednesday before Election Day
- Voted ballots are due: Received by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day
Nebraska absentee ballot rules
Any registered Nebraska voter may apply for an absentee ballot and vote by mail.
Nebraska absentee ballot directions
- Use our Absentee Ballot Tool to prepare your application.
- Sign and date the form. This is very important!
- Return your completed application to your Local Election Official as soon as possible. We’ll provide the mailing address for you.
- All Local Election Officials will accept mailed or hand-delivered forms. If it’s close to the deadline, call and see if your Local Election Official will let you fax or email the application.
- Make sure your application is received by the deadline. Your application must actually arrive by this time — simply being postmarked by the deadline is insufficient.
- Please contact your Local Election Official if you have any further questions about the exact process.
Once you receive your ballot...
- Once you receive the ballot, carefully read and follow the instructions.
- Sign and date where indicated.
- Mail your voted ballot back to the address indicated on the return envelope.
- Your voted ballot must arrive by the deadline or it will not be counted.
Helpful voting links