Last updated on November 1, 2016
Oregon absentee ballot deadlines
- Absentee ballot application deadlines: No specific deadline. We recommend requesting your ballot at least one month before Election Day
- Voted ballots are due: Received by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day
Oregon absentee ballot rules
All Oregon elections are held by mail. You may apply for an absentee ballot if you need your ballot mailed someplace other than your usual mailing address.
Oregon absentee ballot directions
- Use our Absentee Ballot Tool to prepare your application.
- Sign and date the form. This is very important!
- Return your completed application to your Local Election Official as soon as possible. We’ll provide the mailing address for you.
- All Local Election Officials will accept mailed or hand-delivered forms. If it’s close to the deadline, call and see if your Local Election Official will let you fax or email the application.
- Make sure your application is received by the deadline. Your application must actually arrive by this time — simply being postmarked by the deadline is insufficient.
- Please contact your Local Election Official if you have any further questions about the exact process.
Once you receive your ballot...
- Once you receive the ballot, carefully read and follow the instructions.
- Sign and date where indicated.
- Mail your voted ballot back to the address indicated on the return envelope, or drop your ballot envelope at a designated drop site if you are in Oregon.
- Your voted ballot must arrive by the deadline or it will not be counted.
Helpful voting links