Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Washington, Washington Department of Social and Health Services
Washington absentee ballot deadlines
- In Person: N/A
- By Mail: Washington automatically sends a ballot to every registered voter, but also provides a special application for voters who are unable to receive and return a ballot during the regular absentee ballot window. This application can be submitted in person starting 90 days before the election.
- Online: N/A
- Voted ballots are due: Postmarked by Election Day.
Washington absentee ballot rules
Absentee ballots will automatically be sent to all registered voters. If you need your ballot sent somewhere other than your usual address, contact your local election official at least one month before the election so you have time to receive the ballot.
Washington absentee ballot directions
All registered Washington voters automatically receive mail ballots. If you need your ballot mailed someplace other than your usual address or have other questions, contact your county election office.
Tracking your ballotYou can track your ballot directly with your state.
Once you receive your ballot...
- Once you receive the ballot, carefully read and follow the instructions.
- Sign and date where indicated.
- Mail your voted ballot back to the address indicated on the return envelope or drop it off at a voting center.
- Double-check the deadlines and be sure to cast your voted ballot on time to be sure it is counted.