Last updated on September 2, 2016
Alabama voter registration deadlines
- In Person: 15 days before Election Day
- By Mail: 15 days before Election Day
- Online: 15 days before Election Day
Election day registration instructions
Alabama voter registration rules
To register to vote in Alabama you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of Alabama and your county at the time of registration
- be 18 years old before any election not have been convicted of a felony punishable by imprisonment in the penitentiary (or have had your civil and political rights restored)
- not currently be declared mentally incompetent through a competency hearing
- swear or affirm to “support and defend the Constitution of the US and the State of Alabama and further disavow any belief or affiliation with any group which advocates the overthrow of the governments of the US or the State of Alabama by unlawful means and that the information contained herein is true, so help me God”
Alabama voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.
Helpful voting links