If you are registering for the first time, you should plan on showing "proof of identification" the first time you vote. Proof of identification includes: (1) A current and valid photo identification or (2) A current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or government document that shows your name and current address.
Alaska voter registration deadlines
- In Person: 30 days before Election Day.
- By Mail: Postmarked 30 days before Election Day. If this falls on a Sunday, your voter registration form must be postmarked 31 days before Election Day.
- Online: 30 days before Election Day.
Election Day Registration:
Alaska voter registration rulesTo register in Alaska you must:
- be a citizen of the United States;
- be at least 18 years old within 90 days of completing your registration;
- be a resident of Alaska;
- not be a convicted felon (unless unconditionally discharged); and
- not be registered to vote in another state.
Alaska voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.