Last updated on September 2, 2016
Alaska voter registration deadlines
- In Person: 30 days before Election Day.
- By Mail: Postmarked 30 days before Election Day. If this falls on a Sunday, your voter registration form must be postmarked 31 days before Election Day.
- Online: 30 days before Election Day.
Election day registration instructions
Alaska voter registration rules
To register in Alaska you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be at least 18 years old within 90 days of completing this registration
- be a resident of Alaska
- not be a convicted felon (unless unconditionally discharged)
- not be registered to vote in another state
Alaska voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.
Helpful voting links