If you are voting for the first time in Colorado and are voting by mail, you will need to provide a photocopy of a valid ID along with your mail ballot or with your voter registration form. All the forms of ID that show your address must be a Colorado address in order for the form of ID to qualify. Valid forms of ID include: <ul> <li>Colorado driver’s license or valid ID card issued by the Colorado Department of Revenue</li> <li>A US passport</li> <li>An employee ID card with a photograph issued by any branch, department, agency, or entity of the US government or of Colorado, or by any county, municipality, board, authority, or other political subdivision of Colorado</li> <li>A pilot’s license issued by the federal aviation administration or other authorized agency of the US</li> <li>A US military ID card with a photograph</li> <li>A copy of a current (within the last 60 days) utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows your current name and address</li> <li>A Medicare or Medicaid card</li> <li>A certified copy of a US birth certificate</li> <li>Certified documentation of naturalization</li> <li>A student ID card with a photograph issued by an institute of higher education in Colorado</li> <li>A veteran ID card with photo</li> <li>An ID card issued by a federally recognized tribal government certifying tribal membership</li> </ul>
Colorado voter registration deadlines
- In Person: Election Day.
- By Mail: Received 8 days before Election Day.
- Online: 8 days before Election Day.
Election Day Registration:
You can register and cast a ballot up through Election Day by appearing in-person at a Voter Service and Polling Center during the Early Voting period or on Election Day. Contact your Local Election Office if you have any questions.
Colorado voter registration rulesTo register in Colorado you must:
- be a citizen of the United States;
- be a resident of Colorado 22 days prior to Election Day;
- be 18 years old on or before Election Day; and
- not be serving a sentence of detention, confinement, or parole for a felony conviction.
Colorado voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.