Last updated on September 2, 2016
Colorado voter registration deadlines
- In Person: Election Day.
- By Mail: Received 8 days before Election Day.
- Online: 8 days before Election Day.
Election day registration instructions
You can register and cast a ballot after the official deadline by appearing in-person at a Voter Service and Polling Center during the Early Voting period or on Election Day. Contact your Local Election Official if you have any questions.
Colorado voter registration rules
To register in Colorado you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of Colorado 30 days prior to Election Day
- be 18 years old on or before Election Day
- not be confined as a prisoner or serving any part of a sentence under mandate
Colorado voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.
Helpful voting links