Last updated on September 2, 2016
Delaware voter registration deadlines
- In Person: 24 days before a primary or general election. 10 days before a special election.
- By Mail: 24 days before a primary or general election. 10 days before a special election.
- Online: 24 days before a primary or general election. 10 days before a special election.
Election day registration instructions
Delaware voter registration rules
To register in Delaware you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a permanent resident of Delaware
- be at least 18 years old on the date of the next general election
- felons are eligible to vote if certain requirements are met: fines and sentence completed at least five years prior to application date; felony convictions can not be disqualifying felonies, which are murder, sexual offenses, or crimes against public administration involving bribery or improper influence or abuse of office
- not be mentally incompetent
Delaware voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.
Helpful voting links