If you are registering for the first time, you should plan on showing "proof of identification" the first time you vote. Proof of identification includes: (1) A current and valid photo identification or (2) A current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or government document that shows your name and address.
Florida voter registration deadlines
- In Person: 29 days before Election Day.
- By Mail: Postmarked 29 days before Election Day.
- Online: 29 days before Election Day.
Election Day Registration:
Florida voter registration rulesTo register in Florida you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a legal resident of both the State of Florida and of the county in which you seek to be registered
- be 18 years old (you may pre‑register if you are at least 16)
- not be adjudicated mentally incapacitated with respect to voting in Florida or any other State, or if you have, you must first have your voting rights restored
- not be a convicted felon, or if you are, you must first have your civil rights restored if they were taken away
- swear or affirm the following: “I will protect and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of Florida, that I am qualified to register as an elector under the Constitution and laws of the State of Florida, and that all information in this application is true.”
Florida voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.