If you are registering for the first time, you should plan on showing "proof of identification" the first time you vote. Proof of identification includes: (1) A current and valid photo identification or (2) A current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or government document that shows your name and address.
- The Primary Election has been postponed to June 9 in an announcement from the Secretary of State (originally March 24, then May 19)
- The voter registration deadline for upcoming state and local primary runoff elections has been extended, allowing people to participate if they register by July 13.
- Safeguards, Options Available for Voting During Virus Concerns, Georgia Secretary of State
Georgia voter registration deadlines
- In Person: 29 days before Election Day.
- By Mail: Postmarked 29 days before Election Day.
- Online: The fifth Monday before Election Day.
Election Day Registration:
Georgia voter registration rulesTo register in Georgia you must:
- be a citizen of the United States;
- be a legal resident of Georgia and of the county in which you want to vote;
- be at least 18 years old within six months after the day of registration, and be 18 years old to vote;
- not be serving a sentence for having been convicted of a felony involving moral turpitude;
- not have been judicially determined to be mentally incompetent, unless the disability has been removed.
Georgia voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.