Last updated on September 2, 2016
Georgia voter registration deadlines
- In Person: 29 days before Election Day
- By Mail: 28 days before Election Day
- Online: 30 days before Election Day
Election day registration instructions
Georgia voter registration rules
To register in Georgia you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a legal resident of Georgia and of the county in which you want to vote
- be 18 years old within six months after the day of registration, and be 18 years old to vote
- not be serving a sentence for having been convicted of a felony
- not have been judicially determined to be mentally incompetent, unless the disability has been removed
Georgia voter registration directions
- Use our Voter Registration Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.
Helpful voting links