You should plan on showing "proof of identification" when you vote. Proof of identification includes: (1) A current and valid photo identification or (2) A current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or government document that shows your name and address.
Hawaii voter registration deadlines
- In Person: 30 days before Election Day.
- By Mail: Postmarked 30 days before Election Day.
- Online: 30 days before Election Day.
Election Day Registration:
If you have missed the voter registration deadline, you can still register to vote and a cast a ballot at the same time during early voting at early walk-in locations and on Election Day at your polling place. Contact your Local Election Office if you have any questions.
Hawaii voter registration rulesTo register in Hawaii you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of the State of Hawaii
- be at least 16 years old (you must be 18 years old by Election Day in order to vote)
- not be incarcerated for a felony conviction
- not be adjudicated by a court as “non compos mentis”
Hawaii voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.