Last updated on September 2, 2016
Idaho voter registration deadlines
- In Person: Election Day.
- By Mail: 25 days before Election Day.
- Online: N/A
Election day registration instructions
If you have missed the voter registration deadline, you can still register to vote and a cast a ballot at the same time during early voting or on Election Day. Simply go to your regular polling place or early voting site to register and vote. Contact your Local Election Official if you have any questions.
Idaho voter registration rules
To register in Idaho you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- have resided in Idaho and in the county for 30 days prior to the day of election
- be at least 18 years old not have been convicted of a felony, and without having been restored to the rights of citizenship, or confined in prison on conviction of a criminal offense
Idaho voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.
Helpful voting links