If you are registering for the first time, you should plan on showing "proof of identification" the first time you vote. See the section on Voter ID for a complete list of valid forms of ID.
- Secretary Of State Lawerence Denney Announces COVID-19 Office Adjustments, Launches #VoteEarlyIdaho Campaign, Idaho Secretary of State, March 18, 2020
- Official Resources for the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), Idaho.gov
Idaho voter registration deadlines
- In Person: 24 days before Election Day. If you miss this deadline, you may also register on Election Day. (You must show proof of residence to register at the polls on Election Day.)
- By Mail: Postmarked 25 days before Election Day.
- Online: 25 days before Election Day.
Election Day Registration:
If you have missed the voter registration deadline, you can still register to vote and a cast a ballot at the same time during early voting or on Election Day. Simply go to your regular polling place or early voting site to register and vote. You will need to show proof of residence and a photo ID. Contact your Local Election Office if you have any questions.
Idaho voter registration rulesTo register in Idaho you must:
- be at least 18 years old
- be a citizen of the United States
- have resided in Idaho and in the county for 30 days prior to the day of election
- not be serving a sentence of imprisonment for a felony. Your voting rights are restored once you have completed your sentence, probation, and parole.
Idaho voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.