Last updated on October 14, 2019
You will need to show "proof of identification" when you vote. See the section on Voter ID Requirements for a complete list of acceptable forms of ID.
Indiana voter registration deadlines
- In Person: 29 days before Election Day.
- By Mail: Postmarked 29 days before Election Day.
- Online: 29 days before Election Day.
Election Day Registration:
Indiana voter registration rulesTo register in Indiana you must:
- be a citizen of the United States;
- have resided in the precinct at least 30 days before the next election;
- be at least 18 years of age on the day of the next general election;
- not currently be incarcerated for a criminal conviction.
Indiana voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.