Last updated on September 2, 2016
Indiana voter registration deadlines
- In Person: 29 days before Election Day.
- By Mail: 29 days before Election Day.
- Online: 29 days before Election Day.
Election day registration instructions
Indiana voter registration rules
To register in Indiana you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- have resided in the precinct at least 30 days before the next election
- be at least 18 years of age on the day of the next general election
- not currently be in jail for a criminal conviction
Indiana voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.
Helpful voting links