Last updated on August 2, 2016
Kansas voter registration deadlines
- In Person: 21 days before Election Day
- By Mail: Postmarked 21 days before Election Day
- Online: 21 days before Election Day.
Election Day Registration:
Kansas voter registration rules
To register in Kansas you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of Kansas
- be 18 by the next election
- have completed the terms of your sentence if convicted of a felony; a person serving a sentence for a felony conviction is ineligible to vote
- not claim the right to vote in any other location or under any other name
- not be excluded from voting for mental incompetence by a court of competent jurisdiction
Kansas voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.