Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Kentucky, Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Human Services
Kentucky voter registration deadlines
- In Person: 29 days before Election Day.
- By Mail: Postmarked 29 days before Election Day.
- Online: 29 days before Election Day.
Election Day Registration:
Kentucky voter registration rules
To register in Kentucky you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be a resident of Kentucky for at least 28 days before to Election Day;
- Be 18 years of age on or before the next general election;
- Not be a convicted felon or if you have been convicted of a felony, your civil rights must have been restored by executive pardon;
- Not have been judged “mentally incompetent” in a court of law;
- Not claim the right to vote anywhere outside Kentucky.
Kentucky voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.