Last updated on March 14, 2016
Massachusetts voter registration deadlines
- In Person: 20 days before Election Day.
- By Mail: 20 days before Election Day.
- Online: 20 days before Election Day.
Election day registration instructions
Massachusetts voter registration rules
To register in Massachusetts you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of Massachusetts
- be 18 years old on or before the next election
- not have been convicted of corrupt practices in respect to elections
- not be under guardianship with respect to voting
- not be currently incarcerated for a felony conviction
Massachusetts voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.
Helpful voting links