If you are registering for the first time, you should plan on showing "proof of identification" the first time you vote. Proof of identification includes: (1) A current and valid photo identification or (2) A current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or government document that shows your name and address.
Mississippi voter registration deadlines
- In Person: 30 days before Election Day.
- By Mail: Postmarked 30 days before Election Day.
- Online: N/A
Election Day Registration:
Mississippi voter registration rulesTo register in Mississippi you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- have lived in Mississippi and in your county (and city, if applicable) 30 days before Election Day
- be 18 years old by the time of the general election in which you want to vote
- have not been convicted of voter fraud, murder, rape, bribery, theft, arson, obtaining money or goods under false pretense, perjury, forgery, embezzlement, armed robbery, extortion, felony bad check, felony shoplifting, larceny, receiving stolen property, robbery, timber larceny, unlawful taking of a motor vehicle, statutory rape, carjacking, or larceny under lease or rental agreement, or have had your rights restored as required by law
- not have been declared mentally incompetent by a court
Mississippi voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.