If you are registering for the first time, you should plan on showing "proof of identification" the first time you vote. Proof of identification includes: (1) A current and valid photo identification or (2) A current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or government document that shows your name and address.
- For all 2020 elections, any registered Missouri voter can apply for a mail-in ballot and vote by mail. Note: Generally Missouri mail-in ballot voters will be required to submit a notarized statement with their ballot; however in limited instances, including for voters who have contracted or are at-risk of contracting COVID-19 because of specific health concerns, a voter may cast a mail-in ballot without notarization.
- For mail-in ballot applications where the individual is a new resident, intrastate new resident, or interstate former resident, the application must be signed in the presence of a notary
- More details are available on the Missouri Secretary of State website
- COVID-19 Outbreak, Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
Missouri voter registration deadlines
- In Person: 27 days before Election Day.
- By Mail: Postmarked 27 days before Election Day.
- Online: 27 days before Election Day.
Election Day Registration:
Missouri voter registration rulesTo vote in Missouri you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of Missouri
- be at least 17‑1/2 years of age (you must be 18 to vote)
- not be on probation or parole after conviction of a felony, until finally discharged from such probation or parole
- not be convicted of a felony or misdemeanor connected with the right of suffrage
- not be adjudged incapacitated by any court of law
- not be confined under a sentence of imprisonment
Missouri voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.