If you are registering for the first time, you should plan on showing "proof of identification" the first time you vote. Proof of identification includes: (1) A current and valid photo identification or (2) A current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or government document that shows your name and address.
- The dates and deadlines listed below are not applicable for the November 2020 general election. All voters who register in Nevada by October 6 will automatically receive a mail-in ballot for the November Election.
- Response to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus, Division of Public and Behavioral Health, Nevada Department of Health and Human Services
Nevada voter registration deadlines
- In Person: Election Day.
- By Mail: Postmarked 28 days before Election Day.
- Online: 5 days before Election Day
Election Day Registration:You may register to vote in-person at the polling place either during early voting or on Election Day. You must show a valid Nevada driver’s license or identification card at the polls to vote. If the identification does not have your current address, you must also show proof of residency .
Nevada voter registration rulesTo register in Nevada you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- have attained the age of 18 years on the date of the next election
- have continuously resided in the State of Nevada, in your county, at least 30 days and in your precinct at least 10 days before the next election
- not currently be serving a term of imprisonment for a felony conviction
- not be determined by a court of law to be mentally incompetent
- claim no other place as your legal residence
Nevada voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.