You should plan on showing "proof of identification" when you vote in person in New Hampshire. See the section on Voter ID Requirements for a complete list of valid forms of ID.
New Hampshire voter registration deadlines
- In Person: Election Day
- By Mail: Received between 6 and 13 days before Election Day, depending on which town you live in.
- Online: N/A
Election Day Registration:
If you have missed the voter registration deadline, you can still register to vote and a cast a ballot at the same time on Election Day. Simply go to your regular polling place or early voting site to register and vote. Contact your Local Election Office for questions about the process or identification requirements.
New Hampshire voter registration rulesTo register in New Hampshire you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be 18 years of age or older on Election Day
- Register to vote only in the town or ward in which you actually live
- Not have been convicted of a felony, unless you are past your final discharge
- Not have been ever convicted of bribery or intimidation relating to elections
New Hampshire voter registration directions
- New Hampshire residents cannot use the National Voter Registration form
- New Hampshire strongly prefers that residents register to vote in person
- If you cannot register to vote in person, call your town or city clerk and ask them to mail you a New Hampshire Voter Registration Form. This form is not available online. You can only get this form from your town or city clerk
- Once you get the New Hampshire voter registration form, fill it out completely and send it back to the address on the form.
- If you have any questions, please contact your Local Election Office