Last updated on March 14, 2016
New Hampshire voter registration deadlines
- In Person: Election Day
- By Mail: Received 10 days before Election Day.
- Online: N/A
Election day registration instructions
If you have missed the voter registration deadline, you can still register to vote and a cast a ballot at the same time on Election Day. Simply go to your regular polling place or early voting site to register and vote. Contact your Local Election Official for questions about the process or identification requirements.
New Hampshire voter registration rules
To register in New Hampshire you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be 18 years of age or older on Election Day
- Register to vote only in the town or ward in which you actually live
New Hampshire voter registration directions
- New Hampshire residents cannot use the National Voter Registration form
- New Hampshire strongly prefers that residents register to vote in person
- If you cannot register to vote in person, call your town or city clerk and ask them to mail you a New Hampshire Voter Registration Form. This form is not available online. You can only get this form from your town or city clerk
- Once you get the New Hampshire voter registration form, fill it out completely and send it back to the address on the form.
- If you have any questions, please contact your Local Election Official
Helpful voting links