You should plan on showing "proof of identification" when you vote in person in New Hampshire. See the section on Voter ID Requirements for a complete list of valid forms of ID.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in New Hampshire, NH.gov New Hampshire COVID-19 Response
New Hampshire voter registration deadlines
- In Person: Election Day. Before Election Day, the last day to register is the last meeting of the Supervisors of the Checklist. The supervisors meet once, 6-13 days before Election Day. Check your town/city website, or call your clerk's office for the date, time, and location of the Supervisor's meeting.
- By Mail: Received between 6 and 13 days before Election Day, depending on which town you live in.
- Online: N/A
Election Day Registration:
If you have missed the voter registration deadline, you can still register to vote and a cast a ballot at the same time on Election Day. Simply go to your regular polling place or early voting site to register and vote. Voters should bring a valid photo ID to vote. Voters that do not bring a valid photo ID execute a challenged voter affidavit form and will later receive a letter requesting confirmation they voted. Contact your Local Election Office for questions about the process or identification requirements.
New Hampshire voter registration rules
To register in New Hampshire you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be 18 years of age or older on Election Day;
- Register to vote only in the town or ward in which you actually live;
- Not have been convicted of a felony, unless you are past your final discharge;
- Not have been ever convicted of bribery or intimidation relating to elections.
New Hampshire voter registration directions
- New Hampshire residents cannot use the National Voter Registration form.
- New Hampshire strongly prefers that residents register to vote in person.
- If you cannot register to vote in person, call your town or city clerk and ask them to mail you a New Hampshire Voter Registration Form. This form is not available online. You can only get this form from your town or city clerk.
- Once you get the New Hampshire voter registration form, fill it out completely and send it back to the address on the form.
- If you have any questions, please contact your Local Election Office.