Last updated on March 14, 2016
New Jersey voter registration deadlines
- In Person: 21 days before Election Day.
- By Mail: 21 days before Election Day.
- Online: N/A
Election day registration instructions
New Jersey voter registration rules
To register in New Jersey you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be at least 18 years of age by the time of the next election
- be a resident of this State and county at your address at least 30 days before the next election
- not be serving a sentence or on parole or probation as the result of a conviction of any indictable offense under the laws of this or another state or of the United States
New Jersey voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.
Helpful voting links