If you are registering for the first time, you should plan on showing "proof of identification" the first time you vote. Proof of identification includes: (1) A current and valid photo identification or (2) A current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or government document that shows your name and address.
Oregon voter registration deadlines
- In Person: 21 days before Election Day.
- By Mail: Received 21 days before Election Day.
- Online: 21 days before Election Day
Election Day Registration:
Oregon voter registration rulesTo register in Oregon you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of Oregon
- at least 16 years old (to vote, you must be 18 by Election Day)
Oregon voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.