If you are registering for the first time, you should plan on showing "proof of identification" the first time you vote. You can find a full list of valid forms of ID that are accepted in PA in the section on In-Person Voter ID Requirements.
Pennsylvania voter registration deadlines
- In Person: 15 days before Election Day.
- By Mail: Received 15 days before Election Day.
- Online: 15 days before Election Day
Election Day Registration:
Pennsylvania voter registration rulesTo register in Pennsylvania you must:
- be a citizen of the United States at least one month before the next election
- be a resident of Pennsylvania and your election district at least 30 days before Election Day
- be at least 18 years of age on the day of the next election
- not be incarcerated after conviction for a felony (your voting rights are restored immediately after incarceration)
- not have been convicted of violating any provision of the Pennsylvania Election Code within the last four years
Pennsylvania voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.