Last updated on October 8, 2019
South Carolina voter registration deadlines
- In Person: 30 days before Election Day.
- By Mail: 30 days before Election Day.
- Online: 30 days before Election Day.
Election Day Registration:
South Carolina voter registration rulesTo register in South Carolina you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be at least 18 years old on or before the next election
- be a resident of South Carolina, and live in the county and precinct where you are registering
- not be confined in any public prison resulting from a conviction of a crime
- never have been convicted of a felony or offense against Election Day laws, or if previously convicted, have served your entire sentence, including probation or parole, or have received a pardon for the conviction
- not be under a court order declaring you mentally incompetent
South Carolina voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.