Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in South Carolina, South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control
South Carolina voter registration deadlines
- In Person: 30 days before Election Day.
- By Mail: Postmarked 30 days before Election Day. The postmark deadline is extended to the next business day if this falls on a Sunday or holiday.
- Online: 30 days before Election Day.
Election Day Registration:
South Carolina voter registration rules
To register in South Carolina you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be at least 18 years old on or before the next election;
- Be a resident of South Carolina, and live in the county and precinct where you are registering;
- Not be confined in any public prison resulting from a conviction of a crime;
- Never have been convicted of a felony or offense against Election Day laws, or if previously convicted, have served your entire sentence, including probation or parole, or have received a pardon for the conviction;
- Not be under a court order declaring you mentally incompetent.
South Carolina voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.