Last updated on March 14, 2016
Tennessee voter registration deadlines
- In Person: 30 days before Election Day.
- By Mail: 30 days before Election Day.
- Online: N/A
Election day registration instructions
Tennessee voter registration rules
To register in Tennessee you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of Tennessee
- be at least 18 years old on or before the next election
- not have been convicted of a felony, or if convicted, have had your full rights of citizenship restored (or have received a pardon)
- not be adjudicated incompetent by a court of competent jurisdiction (or have been restored to legal capacity
Tennessee voter registration directions
- Use our Voter Registration Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.
Helpful voting links