Last updated on March 14, 2016
Texas voter registration deadlines
- In Person: 30 days before Election Day.
- By Mail: 30 days before Election Day.
- Online: N/A
Election day registration instructions
Texas voter registration rules
To register in Texas you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of the county in which the application for registration is made
- be at least 17 years and 10 months old (you must be 18 to vote)
- not be finally convicted of a felony, or if a convicted felon,
- you must have fully discharged your punishment, including any incarceration, parole, supervision, period of probation, or be pardoned
- have not been declared mentally incompetent by final judgment of a court of law
Texas voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.
Helpful voting links