You should plan on showing "proof of identification" when you vote. You can find a full list of forms of ID that qualify in the section on Voter ID.
Utah voter registration deadlines
- In Person: 7 days before Election Day. You can also register at the polls on Election Day.
- By Mail: Postmarked 30 days before Election Day.
- Online: 7 days before Election Day.
Election Day Registration:
An individual who is not registered to vote may register to vote, and vote, on election day or during the early voting period described in Section 20A-3-601, by voting a provisional ballot, if:
- the individual is otherwise legally entitled to vote the ballot;
- the ballot is identical to the ballot for the precinct in which the individual resides;
- the information on the provisional ballot form is complete; and
- the individual provides valid voter identification and proof of residence to the poll worker.
Utah voter registration rulesTo register in Utah you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- have resided in Utah for 30 days immediately before the next election
- be at least 18 years old on or before the next election
- not be a convicted felon currently incarcerated for commission of a felony
- not be convicted of treason or crime against the elective franchise, unless restored to civil rights
- not be found to be mentally incompetent by a court of law
Utah voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.