You should plan on showing "proof of identification" when you vote. You can find a full list of forms of ID that qualify in the section on Voter ID.
- The June 30 Primary Election will be conducted solely via mail-in ballots (with the exception of San Juan County)
- Coronavirus Updates, Utah.gov
Utah voter registration deadlines
- In Person: 7 days before Election Day in clerk's office, but may also register during early vote and on Election Day.However, individuals must vote by provisional ballot if they: (i) register online or in person between 7 and 14 days before Election Day, (ii) register during early voting, or (iii) register on Election Day.
- By Mail: Postmarked 30 days before Election Day, the deadline is extended to the next business day if this falls on a Sunday.
- Online: 7 days before Election Day
Election Day Registration:
An individual who is not registered to vote may register to vote, and vote, on election day or during the early voting period described in Section 20A-3-601, by voting a provisional ballot, if:
- the individual is otherwise legally entitled to vote the ballot;
- the ballot is identical to the ballot for the precinct in which the individual resides;
- the information on the provisional ballot form is complete; and
- the individual provides valid voter identification and proof of residence to the poll worker.
Utah voter registration rulesTo register in Utah you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- have resided in Utah for 30 days immediately before the next election
- 16- and 17-year-olds may preregister to vote, but cannot vote until they are 18 (Individuals may vote in a primary election if they are 17 years old on or before the date of the primary election and will be 18 years old on or before the date of the corresponding general election)
- not be a convicted felon currently incarcerated for commission of a felony until your right to vote is restored
- not be convicted of treason or crime against the elective franchise, unless restored to civil rights
- not be found to be mentally incompetent by a court of law
Utah voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.