Last updated on March 14, 2016
Vermont voter registration deadlines
- In Person: 6 days before Election Day
- By Mail: Received 6 days before Election Day
- Online: 6 days before Election Day
Election Day Registration:
Vermont voter registration rules
To register in Vermont you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of Vermont
- be 18 years of age on or before Election Day
- have taken the following Oath: You solemnly swear (or affirm) that whenever you give your vote or suffrage, touching any matter that concerns the state of Vermont, you will do it so as in your conscience you shall judge will most conduce to the best good of the same, as established by the Constitution, without fear or favor of any person [Voter’s Oath, Vermont Constitution, Chapter II, Section 42]
Vermont voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.
Helpful voting links