If you are registering for the first time and plan to vote in person, you should plan on showing "proof of identification" the first time you vote. Proof of identification includes: (1) A current and valid photo identification or (2) A current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or government document that shows your name and address.
Washington voter registration deadlines
- In Person: Election Day.
- By Mail: 8 days before Election Day.
- Online: 8 days before Election Day.
Election Day Registration:
Washington voter registration rulesTo register in Washington you must:
- be a citizen of the United States;
- be at least 18 years old by Election Day;
- be a legal resident of Washington State, your county, and precinct for 30 days immediately preceding Election Day;
- not be disqualified from voting due to a court order; and
- not be under Department of Corrections supervision for a Washington felony conviction.
Washington voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.