Last updated on March 14, 2016
West Virginia voter registration deadlines
- In Person: 21 days before Election Day.
- By Mail: 21 days before Election Day.
- Online: 21 days before Election Day.
Election Day Registration:
West Virginia voter registration rules
To register in West Virginia you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- live in West Virginia at the above address
- be 18 years old, or to vote in the primary be 17 years old and turning 18 before the general election
- not be under conviction, probation, or parole for a felony, treason or election bribery
- not have been judged “mentally incompetent” in a court of competent jurisdiction
West Virginia voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.
Helpful voting links