Wisconsin has a "proof of residency" requirement. This means you must include a COPY of an ID that shows your WI address so that you can prove you live in Wisconsin. Some acceptable IDs include: A Wisconsin driver’s license or ID card; Any other ID card or license issued by a Wisconsin government agency or unit; An employee ID card with a photograph; A bank statement, a paycheck, a check or other government-issued document; A real property tax bill or receipt for 2015 or 2016; A photo ID from a university, college or technical college with a fee receipt; A photo ID from a university, college or technical college with an on-campus housing listing provided by the university, college or technical college to the municipality; A utility bill dated within 90 days of when you register. Learn more here: http://www.bringitwisconsin.com/
Wisconsin voter registration deadlines
- In Person: Election Day.
- By Mail: Postmarked 20 days before Election Day.
- Online: 20 days before Election Day.
Election Day Registration:
If the voter registration deadline has passed, you can still register to vote in person up until Election Day. You can register to vote in person at the Municipal Clerk's office up until 5:00 p.m. or close of business (whichever is later) the Friday before Election Day. You also can register to vote in person at your polling place on Election Day.
Wisconsin voter registration rulesTo register in Wisconsin you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of Wisconsin for at least 10 days
- be 18 years old
- not have been convicted of treason, felony or bribery, or if you have, your civil rights have been restored
- not be incapable of understanding the objective of the elective process or under guardianship
Wisconsin voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.