Last updated on September 9, 2016
Wisconsin voter registration deadlines
- In Person: Election Day
- By Mail: Postmarked at least 20 days before Election Day.
- Online: N/A
Election day registration instructions
If the voter registration deadline has passed, you can still register to vote in person at the office of your Local Election Official at any time up to Election Day.
Wisconsin voter registration rules
To register in Wisconsin you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of Wisconsin for at least 10 days
- be 18 years old
- not have been convicted of treason, felony or bribery, or if you have, your civil rights have been restored
Wisconsin voter registration directions
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.
Helpful voting links