Wyoming encourages people to register to vote in person at the County Clerk's office. Wyoming Voter Registration forms submitted by mail MUST be notarized. If you are registering for the first time and registered to vote by mail, you should plan on showing "proof of identification" the first time you vote. Proof of identification includes: (1) A current and valid photo identification or (2) A current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or government document that shows your name and address.
Wyoming voter registration deadlines
- In Person: Election Day
- By Mail: Received 14 days before Election Day.
- Online: N/A
Election Day Registration:
If you have missed the voter registration deadline, you can still register to vote and a cast a ballot at the same time during early voting or on Election Day. Simply go to your regular polling place or early voting site to register and vote. Contact your Local Election Office for questions about the process or identification requirements.
Wyoming voter registration rulesTo register in Wyoming you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be 18 years old by General Election Day
- be a resident of the State of Wyoming
- not be currently adjudicated mentally incompetent
- not have been convicted of a felony, or if convicted have had your voting rights restored
Wyoming voter registration directions
- Wyoming does not accept the National Voter Registration Form so please do not use our Register to Vote Tool to register to vote in Wyoming.
- Wyoming prefers that people register to vote in person at the County Clerk's office.
- If this isn't possible, print out the Wyoming Voter Registration form and fill it out in front of a notary. That part is really important! Your Wyoming Voter Registration Form MUST be notarized. Print clearly, using a black or blue ink pen (not felt tip).
- Sign the voter registration oath on the form and have the notary or registered agent sign the form.
- Make copies of the identification documents you showed to the notary.
- Mail the voter registration form, along with the copies of your ID documents, to your County Clerk. Note: Sending your form to any other office will delay your voter registration.
- Mail your form as soon as possible. Voter registration closes two weeks prior to Election Day.
- Follow up with your County Clerk about any questions you may have about your registration or requests for absentee ballots. See http://soswy.state.wy.us/Elections/CountyClerks.aspx for contact details.