Nevada Election Center
Check your registration→
Register to vote→
Get your absentee ballot→
Get election reminders→
Pledge to register→
The 2020 Census→
Nevada voter registration
- In Person: 28 days before Election Day.
- By Mail: Postmarked 28 days before Election Day.
- Online: 5 days before Election Day.
- To register in Nevada you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- have attained the age of 18 years on the date of the next election
- have continuously resided in the State of Nevada, in your county, at least 30 days and in your precinct at least 10 days before the next election
- have your civil rights restored if you were convicted of a felony
- not be determined by a court of law to be mentally incompetent
- claim no other place as your legal residence
- Use our Register to Vote Tool to fill out the National Voter Registration Form.
- Sign and date your form. This is very important!
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form to the address we provide.
- Make sure you register before the voter registration deadline.
- If you have been convicted of a felony and have questions about whether you can register to vote, visit Restore Your Vote to determine your eligibility.
Nevada absentee ballots
- In Person:
- By Mail: 14 days before Election Day.
- Election Day.
- Any registered Nevada voter may apply for an absentee ballot and vote by mail.
- Use our Absentee Ballot Tool to prepare your application.
- Sign and date the form. This is very important!
- Return your completed application to your Local Election Office as soon as possible. We'll provide the mailing address for you.
- All Local Election Offices will accept mailed or hand-delivered forms. If it's close to the deadline, call and see if your Local Election Office will let you fax or email the application.
- Make sure your application is received by the deadline. Your application must actually arrive by this time -- simply being postmarked by the deadline is insufficient.
- Please contact your Local Election Office if you have any further questions about the exact process.
- Once you receive the ballot, carefully read and follow the instructions.
- Sign and date where indicated.
- Mail your voted ballot back to the address indicated on the return envelope. Your voted ballot must arrive by the deadline or it will not be counted.
Nevada early voting
- Early voting start times vary by county.
- Early voting end times vary by county.
Nevada voter ID
If you are not voting for the first time in Nevada, you do not need to bring ID with you to vote in person.
If you're a first-time voter, registered by mail or online, didn't include a copy of ID when you registered, and didn't provide a valid driver's license number or social security number on your application, be sure to bring one of the following:
- A current photo ID that shows your address
- A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, or other government document that shows your name and address (however, a voter registration ID is not accepted)
You're only required to provide ID if you're a first-time voter in Nevada, didn't provide a copy of an ID when you registered to vote, and are voting by mail. Include a copy of one of the following with your mail ballot:
- A current Nevada driver's license
- A current Nevada ID card
- A current ID card issued by the US Armed Forces
- A current ID card issued by a public school, college, or university in Nevada
- A current US passport
- A current tribal identification card
If your ID from the list above doesn't include the address where you're registered to vote, you'll also need include a copy of one of the following that includes that address:
- Current utility bill, including for electricity, gas, oil, water, sewer, septic, telephone, cellular telephone, or cable television
- Current bank or credit union statement
- Current paycheck
- Current income tax return
- Current statement regarding a mortgage, rental, or lease of a residence
- Current motor vehicle registration
- Current document issued by a governmental agency
- Current property tax statement