As always, it's best to double check with your state for any recent changes to election rules: Missouri Election Website
COVID-19 info for Missouri
- For all 2020 elections, any registered Missouri voter can apply for a mail-in ballot and vote by mail. Note: Missouri mail-in ballot voters will be required to submit a notarized statement with their ballot; however in two instances, a voter may cast a mail-in ballot without notarization.*
- For mail-in ballot applications where the individual is a new resident, intrastate new resident, or interstate former resident, the application must be signed in the presence of a notary.
- More details are available on the Missouri Secretary of State website
- COVID-19 Outbreak, Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
*The two reasons are:
- Incapacity or confinement due to illness or physical disability, including caring for a person who is incapacitated or confined due to illness of disability.
- A voter has contracted or is in an at-risk category for contracting or transmitting COVID-19, pursuant to Section 115.277.6 RSMo.
At risk voters are individuals who:
- Are 65 years of age or older
- Have serious heart conditions
- Are immunocompromised
- Have liver disease
- Live in a long term care facility licensed under Chapter 188, RSMo.
- Have chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma
- Have chronic kidney disease and are undergoing dialysis
- Have diabetes
Please visit https://www.sos.mo.gov/elections/goVoteMissouri/howtovote for more details.